Last year, based on the rules stipulated in:
- Act of 8 December 2017 on the power market,
- Capacity market regulations approved by decision of the President of the Energy Regulatory Office of 30 March 2018,
- Regulation of the Minister of Energy:
- of 18 July 2018 on the execution of the capacity obligation, its settlement and demonstration, as well as the conclusion of transactions on the secondary market,
- of 22 August 2018 on the parameters for the main auctions for the delivery years 2021-2023,
- of 3 September 2018 on financial collateral to be provided by power suppliers and participants in the preliminary auctions.
Polskie Sieci Elektroenergetyczne S.A. conducted the following capacity market processes:
- general certification,
- certification for the main auctions for the years 2021-2023,
- main auction for 2021 – on 15 November 2018,
- main auction for 2022 – on 5 December 2018,
- main auction for 2023 – on 21 December 2018.
Contracted capacity obligations
|1-year contract (existing units)||37||37||37|
|5-year contract (modernized units)||2,711||2,711||2,711||2,711||2,711|
|15-year contract (new units)||915||915||915||915||915||915||915||915||915||915||915||915||915||915||915|
Estimated revenues from the capacity market
|ENEA [PLN m] 1||2021||2022||2023||2024||2025||2026||2027||2028||2029||2030||2031||2032||2033||2034||2035|
|1-year contract (existing units)||9||7||8|
|5-year contract (modernized units)||651||651||651||651||651|
|15-year contract (new units)||220||220||220||220||220||220||220||220||220||220||220||220||220||220||220|
- Non-indexed value.
ENEA Połaniec S.A. participated in all the aforementioned processes and, as a result, concluded 2 capacity contracts for 5-year delivery periods 2021-2025, for Units No. 2 and No. 7. This results from the strategy of ENEA Group approved by decisions of the Management Board of ENEA S.A. before individual main auctions. The remaining units, with the exception of Unit No. 9, have been notified to participate in the secondary market. By decision of ENEA Group’s Steering Committee on the Capacity Market, a contract will be concluded between ENEA Wytwarzanie and ENEA Elektrownia Połaniec on joint operation on the capacity market and mutual stand-by.
ENEA Wytwarzanie Sp. z o.o. also participated in all the aforementioned processes and, as a result, concluded:
1. Nine capacity contracts for 5-year delivery periods 2021-2025, for Units Nos. 1-10 excluding Unit No. 3,
2. One power contract for a 15-year delivery period of 2021-2035 for Unit No. 11,
3. 1-year capacity contracts for delivery years 2021, 2022 and 2023, for three Capacity Market units from the RES Segment (Water) with the total capacity of 37.1 MW.
These assumptions resulted from the strategy of ENEA Group approved by decisions of the Management Board of ENEA S.A. prior to individual main auctions. Unit No. 3 and coal units in Białystok Heat and Power Plant and MEC Piła have been notified to participate in the secondary market.